Home

Home
return to our homepage

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Choice New Find : Alex DaCorte

This Philadelphia-based artist's current piece at PS 1 "Soda Pop Painting No. 2" caught my attention but it wasn't until I realized it was soda on the floor of the gallery that I became really intrigued. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. The bright and dark colors covered more then half of the gallery floor in a totally random pattern. The thick consistency of the medium (thanks to Vaseline, I think) made me nauseous in a good way and all I could think of was high fructose syrup and cavities. The best color was yellow, which totally threw me, but which I'm now convinced was Mountain Dew - it was great. 

His website only links to 14 of his works - but they leave me wanting more of both his photographs as well as his beautiful, detailed and slightly disturbing sculptures.

His website is  here or you can see a video about his work here.



I Love You So Much It Makes Me Sick, 2007


Birdland, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment